Description du poste
In the frame of our Design Organisation Approval (SABENA TECHNICS BGC DOA Part 21J.039), the Aircraft Modification division is looking for an Aircraft Modification Certification Expert. SABENA TECHNICS BGC DOA is a leader on Aircraft Retrofit market, developing approximately 10 Supplemental Type Certificate & 100 Minor Modifications each year. We offer to air transport operators a wide range of aircraft & rotorcraft modification, in the Cabin/Avionics/Structure disciplines.
Holder of design and production approvals (DOA and POA), this division is responsible for engineering activities, the elaboration of certification dossiers, the monitoring and management of equipment / suppliers, but also the integration of modification and airworthiness monitoring.
As Head of Certification Department, you will manage a team of more than 10 people based in Toulouse, Dubaï and Montreal.
As an Aircraft Modification Certification Expert, you will be in charge of the elaboration of the certification package (Minor Modifications or Supplemental Type Certificates under DOA) related mostly to ATA 23, 25, 34, 44. You will collect and review the justification documents issued by OEMs (stress analysis, qualification document) and perform the issuance of Means of Compliance (Electrical Load Analysis, Weight & Balance Analysis...). You will be also involved in testing activities at aircraft level (Cabin Inspections, Ground Tests ...)
In the frame of a modification certification process, the Aircraft Modification Certification Expert will be the focal point of the Aviation Authorities (EASA, FAA and other NAA)
The Aircraft Modification Certification Expert position could lead to CVE role for individuals presenting the right skills, in a timeframe dependant on the individual background and if the individual has already held a CVE position in another DOA.
Missions & Responsabilités
- Management Activities:
- Supervise and relay upward and downward communication to the team,
Implement management decisions,
- Prepare and manage workload activities (assignments, leave, etc.),
- Work closely with VP program to follow project KPI: OTD, RFT,OQD
- Ensure the integration and follow-up of capacity subcontractors in the team, where applicable,
- Guarantee the quality of the team's deliverables, and be responsible for setting up the production control system, in compliance with DOA/POA processes (part 21),
- Contributes to the customer interface in support of his/her management and the project function,
- Conduct arbitration on projects for topic related to certification
- Act as a process owner for the Design Management System processes related to certification
- Skills Management Activities:
- Ensure the development and capitalization of collective skills,
- Promote experience sharing: cross-functional exchanges, formalization of business tools, technical capitalization repository, experience transfer,
- Participate in the recruitment process, the integration and monitoring of new arrivals, mobility, career management,
- Responsible for assessing employee performance through annual interviews, and training programs
- Technical Activities :
- Participate in the design of a modification & verify that the design is compliant with certification requirements.
- Define certification basis & evaluate Airworthiness Directives applicability for each modification (with EASA involvement for major modifications).
- Define Certification Plan including equipment qualification, definition of means of compliance and testing activities.
- Elaborate/Author document composing certification package (System description document, substantiation documents, operational documentation, instructions for continued airworthiness ...)
- Ensure follow up of the substantiation documents developed by equipment's manufacturers or external providers.
- In the frame of Major Modifications (STC), the Certification Expert acts as focal point with aviation authorities. He ensures the coordination and the follow up of the dossier provided to the authorities until STC is approved.
- Reporting/Coordination with aviation authorities during the STC approval process
- Reporting to project managers (risks related to certification, progresses in the certification dossier ...).
- Reporting to VP Aircraft Modification & Head of Design
- Sharing information & interfacing with:
- Project team (design & production)
- CVE, HDO, ISM & HOA
- With the customers regarding technical aspects in relation to certification process,
- With Project Managers (finance & planning)
- Aircraft environment & architecture
- Equipment qualification process (QTP/QTR/DDP...)
- DOA Process (Part 21J)
- Operational documentation
- Regulation & certification process with non-EASA authorities (FAR, AC...)
- EASA Regulation (CS25, CS27, CS29)
- DOA & certification process
- Avionics (ATA23, 31, 34, 44) or cabin (ATA11, 23, 25, 26, 33, 35) systems
- English (Negotiation level)