When you use Sabena technics’ services and business activities, notably when using its Website, Sabena technics may collect and process your personal data.
Sabena technics S.A. and its subsidiaries (also referred hereunder as “Sabena technics”) are committed to ensuring personal data protection for its business partners, customers, prospects, users of its Website and all other persons whose personal data they may process.
Personal data is information that can be used to identify a person either directly or indirectly. A “personal identifier” is a piece of information that can identify an individual and constitutes personal data, such as name, address, email address, identification number, location data or online identifier.
Sabena technics is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU regulation 2016/679) or “GDPR” as well as the applicable national Personal Data protection laws and regulations (in France, the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, as revised).
1. Personal data collected
All personal data gathered are only the ones you freely give (e.g. your name, date of birth, company name, email address etc.) when you complete our online forms, when you sign up to the newsletter, when you apply for a job position, when you post comments on Sabena technics’ social media, when you make contact with Sabena technics, and any information generated as a result of using the Website (such as IP address, the date and length of visit of the Website, the pages you view) where your personal data may be automatically gathered and processed by an automated system, as described here below (“cookies”).
2. Purpose for personal data processing and legal grounds
Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
You do not have to give us any personal information in order to perform job searches. However, to apply in the Sabena technics’ job applying form on the Website, it is required that you provide personal data, including your name and email address. We inform you that your personal data are computerized, they will be treated confidentially.
- You do not have to give us any personal information in order to perform job searches. However, to apply in the Sabena technics’ job applying form on the Website, it is required that you provide personal data, including your name and email address. We inform you that your personal data are computerized, they will be treated confidentially.
- Your personal data gathered through the Website may also be used for the purposes of managing your registration, responding to any queries you may have and fostering a positive user experience.
- By applying, you acknowledge and agree that your contact information may be used in order to send you email or other communications regarding updates, such as new job opportunities which may be of interest to you, unless you unsubscribe to the receipt of such communications freely and at any time.
Your personal data may also be used to comply with applicable legal obligations, including responding to an authority or court order or discovery request, and to combat fraud.
Your personal data are stored no longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was processed and in accordance with the retention period imposed by current regulations.
The legal basis for processing your personal data are: (a) to comply with contractual obligations (when you subscribe to a particular service through the Website, purpose of processing your personal data is primarily determined by that service so that Sabena technics can provide that service to you), (b) as a result of your consent (when you have consented to the processing of your personal data by Sabena technics for certain services through the Website, you can withdraw consent at any time as described below), (c) within the scope of a legitimate interest (e.g. for analysis and optimization of the Website, for ensuring IT security, for prevention and investigation of criminal acts) and (d) on the basis of Sabena technics’ legal obligations.
3. Use and disclosure of personal data collected
Personal data will be only addressed to authorized Sabena technics’ personnel (including of any of its subsidiaries) on a need to know basis, treated as confidential and will not be sold to or shared with third parties without your permission and/or as indicated herein.
Sabena technics engages certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including, without limitation, hosting and IT maintenance/support, billing, procurement services, customer relationship, advising, compliance and security, database storage and management, and direct marketing campaigns. Sabena technics may share your personal data with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services, and only pursuant to binding contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
Sabena technics may also be required to communicate personal data to authorized authorities, which would be done only to the extent necessary to comply with applicable legal obligations.
Some of the parties mentioned above (including certain Sabena technics’ subsidiaries) may be located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). In those cases, Sabena technics will ensure that transfer of personal data will be subject to appropriate safeguards and high level of data protection (e.g. based on signing contractual clauses or other mechanisms).
4. Privacy rights and their exercise
According to the French law on information technology, data files and civil liberties (Loi Informatique et Libertés) of 6 January 1978, as amended (“French Data Protection Act”) and the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016, you have the following rights:
- Right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your personal data is being processed by Sabena technics, and if so, what specific data is being processed;
- Right to correct personal data (right to change any inaccurate personal data concerning you);
- Right for your personal data to be erased;
- Right to stop the processing of your personal data;
- Right to object and to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on your previous consent;
- Right to data portability (under some circumstances provided by law, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly use and machine-readable format and/or transmit those personal data to another data controller).
Those rights may be exercised by addressing your request in writing to:
7 avenue de l’Union
If you remain unsatisfied with the way Sabena technics answered your request, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority (in France, the National Commission for Data Protection and Liberties “CNIL”).
For more information, you can refer to the CNIL website: www.cnil.fr
The Website may use “cookies” (small data files transferred to your computer hard drive), and Sabena technics may access and record this information during your visits. Such information does not aim at identifying you.
Sabena technics may include on our Website applications from third parties, which allow you to share content from our Website with other people or to inform these other people of your consultations or opinions about content of our Website. Such is the case of the buttons “Share”, “Like”, from social networks such as “Facebook”, “Twitter”, “Google+”, “You Tube”, “Linkedin”.
This type of application button can allow the concerned social network to follow your navigation on our Website, just because your account social network was enabled in your browser (open session) during your visit to our Website.
6. Protection of personal data
The controller of your personal data is:
Sabena technics S.A.
7 avenue de l’Union
Updated: March 2021